Newton accepts the following documents for proof of address:
- Any statement issued by a Canadian government body (federal, provincial, territorial or municipal) from the following document options:
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) statement
- Property tax assessment issued by a municipality
- Provincially-issued vehicle registration
- Benefits statement:
- Federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal levels
- CRA documents:
- Notice of assessment
- Requirement to pay notice
- GST refund letter
- Benefits statement
- Utility bill (for example, electricity, water)
- Phone or Internet bill
- T4 statement
- Record of Employment
- Registered investment account statements (for example, RRSP, GIC, TFSA, RRIF)
- Insurance documents (home, auto, life)
- For a currently enrolled student, a transcript or documentation issued by a school that contains a unique reference number
Proof of address must be dated within 45 days of the submission date. Original and current PDFs are highly preferred. For example, a hydro or telecommunications bill downloaded directly from your account works well.
To read more about our identification guidelines, please refer to the following article: What is Know Your Customer (KYC) identity verification?
Article is closed for comments.