If you are experiencing an e-Transfer deposit issue, here is a checklist to work through:
1. Your bank may have an e-Transfer limit of $3,000 per 24 hours and a $10,000 limit per 7 days.
2. Confirm that you have accepted your e-Transfer deposit via the email that was sent out to your email address.
3. Call your bank's security/fraud department to check if either they or Interac are blocking your e-Transfer deposit.
- Some banks have been blocking transfers and require your authorization for release, but aren't notifying their customers in any way. Even if your online bank account shows the funds have left your bank account, your bank can be holding it in transit. If this is the case, once released by the bank your e-Transfer will be deposited to your Newton account.
- Ask your bank specifically to check with Interac. We have found that Interac has been blocking some e-Transfers (not the bank or us), and banks usually have direct access to speak to them immediately. If they are unable to do so, we can also contact Interac directly, however it will be a slower process.
4. Lastly, if you've completed the steps above, and you still see that your e-Transfer deposit is stuck in a Requested state, and you're not seeing your funds in your Newton account, please contact support and let us know that you have worked your way through the checklist and are still experiencing issues. We will then be able to open up an investigation with our third-party payment processor to see why your e-Transfer is being held up.