Price alerts are a mobile-only feature that serves as a useful resource in your crypto trading arsenal. Being able to create a price alert can help reduce time you spend monitoring the markets for your preferred coins.
Price alerts are a maximum of 5 minutes delayed from real-time price so you can be sure that you will get an alert in a timely manner. On the Newton app, we also give you more than one way to create a price alert.
Creating a price alert from your Newton Settings
To create a price alert from the in-app Settings:
1. Click on Push Notifications in your Settings.
2. Click to View price alerts.
3a. If you have no alerts set up then you will see this page below. Click the Add A Price Alert button.
3b. If you already have price alerts set up, then you will see a page with a list of your alerts. Ensure that Allow notifications is enabled. Then click the bell icon in the top right corner.
4. Select the coin you want to set your alert for and enter a target price, then click the Create Alert
5. You will see a message confirming that your price alert was set.
6. Your price alert will also show in the list of alerts.
Creating a price alert from a coin detail screen
To create a price alert from the coin detail screen:
1. Go to a coin detail screen
2. Click on either the bell icon in the top right corner or the “NO ALERTS Add a price alert” text on the screen.
3. Next, click the Add a Price Alert button.
4. If you are an iOS user who does not have Notifications enabled for Newton, you will be prompted to enable notifications. You must Allow notifications to be able to create price alerts.
5. Provided notifications are enabled on your device, the Create a price alert screen will show. Enter your target price and click the Create Alert button.
6. You’ll see a notification that your price alert was set.
7. Your price alert will show in the price alert list.
8. By default, all price alerts show in the Price Alerts list accessed from a coin detail page. For example, the user below has created many alerts.
9. However, you can filter to view the alerts for only the coin whose screen you are on by clicking on the View [COIN] alerts link in the top right of the list. For example, this is the view when you click View BTC alerts on the screen in step 8 above.
10. When you have price alerts set for a coin, the coin detail page lets you know how many alerts you have set for that coin.
Updating an alert
You can update an alert by clicking it from any of the Price Alerts list (either in your Settings or on a coin detail screen).
Deleting a price alert
You can delete an alert by clicking on the trash can icon for the alert, in the Price Alerts list.
Price alerts are also automatically hidden once they have been triggered.