Thanks for reaching out about your crypto deposit! There are a few reasons you may be missing a crypto deposit in your Newton account. Please find the possible categories below:
1. Unsupported Coin: In the case that you send a coin that we do not currently carry, we will not be able to retrieve your cryptocurrency deposit.
2. Unsupported Network: In the case that you send a coin through an unsupported network (e.g. Binance Smart Chain), we will not be able to retrieve your cryptocurrency deposit.
3. Supported Coin, Mismatched Address: In this case, we will not be able to retrieve your coin. For example, if you send a BTC coin to a BCH address.
4. Supported Coin, Refunded back into Newton from a Trading Platform: In the case that another trading platform sends your funds back to your Newton account after you've tried to withdraw from Newton, we will be able to retrieve the coin. It will not be automatically deposited into your wallet if they do not send it directly to your in-app Newton deposit address for the asset in question, but we will be able to manually retrieve this for you. To confirm this is the case, compare your Newton in-app deposit address for the asset in question and the receiving address from the refunded TXID. Please send the requested information in point #5 and your transaction will be added to the queue to be looked into.
5. Supported Coin, Supported Network, Correct Address: In this case, we will require additional information to be able to look into your cryptocurrency deposit. Please note that if your deposit interacted with a contract address, we will not be able to retrieve it.
To look into your deposit we'll require the following information as a text (not a screenshot) in the email thread:
- The addresses (sending and receiving)
- The TXID
- The link to the successful transaction on the blockchain
- The accurate, total amount
- Any notable details about the transfer that would be helpful in retrieving it
After these details are provided through a support ticket, we will be able to take a look into why your crypto deposit has not reached your Newton account if it falls in categories 4 or 5.