Try these steps if you have completed an Interac e-Transfer deposit request, and have yet to receive the funds in your Newton account:
1. Verify the limits your bank may have. For example, many banks have an e-Transfer limit of $3,000 per 24 hours and a $10,000 limit per 7 days.
2. Confirm that you have accepted the e-Transfer deposit via the email that was sent upon initiation of the deposit request.
3. Call your bank's security/fraud department to check if either they or Interac are blocking your e-Transfer deposit.
- Some banks have been blocking transfers and require your authorization for release, but aren't notifying their customers in any way. Even if your online bank account shows the funds have left your bank account, your bank can be holding it in transit. If this is the case, once released by the bank your e-Transfer will be deposited to your Newton account.
- Ask your bank specifically to check with Interac. We have found that Interac has been blocking some e-Transfers (not the bank or us), and banks usually have direct access to speak to them immediately.
4. Lastly, if you've completed the steps above, and you still see that your e-Transfer deposit is stuck in a Requested state, and you're not seeing your funds in your Newton account, please contact support and let us know that you have worked your way through the checklist and are still experiencing issues. We will then be able to open up an investigation with our third-party payment processor(s) to see why your e-Transfer has not been completed successfully.
Article is closed for comments.